I have been reading Captivating, for Tuesday night bible study, a book recommended by Jenni Biz. It is a great book that talks about how every women desires at heart to be pursued romantically and swept away by a hero who is passionately in love with her. It gives lots of fairy tale examples like Cinderella, and Snow White.
I feel more like Pinocchio though. You know the part that you don't remember seeing until you sit down with your kids to watch it and the boys are all swept off to Jackass island for fun and revelry? Yikes, how uncomfortable. Or the part in The Patriot when Mel Gibson says I have long feared my sins would come back to visit and I can hardly bear it.
Funny how Satan is always there to bring up our failings at the most inopportune times. I am tired of being robbed of my Cinderella story! God has given me a husband who loves me, and two beautiful children, even a baby that I didn't have to give birth to that I get paid for and get to give back occasionally. How can I allow Satan to rob me of the blessings of God's gifts to me!!?
Please pray that I will be able to extinguish fully the guilt and shame of past failures so that I can embrace my presence with love, joy, passion, peace, and energy again.
6 comments:
Praying for you, Amy!! Thanks for sharing and thank you for the example of wanting to fight Satan. I need reminding of that OFTEN!!
I'm praying for you too.
How about we have a Cinderella party at the end of the book. We can all drink tea in formals and compliment each other. :)
By formals do you mean jeans?
You can wear a denim formal. We can sew sequins and rhinestone on it.
Yeah...found you again and bookmarked it this time. I love your zoo pictures from previous posts. I like Kelli's idea about the party!
Post a Comment