Rain has been so scarce in the last few months. We need it, and we know it is a blessing. I had plans for today that obviously weren't God's plans. There's a chace of rain all day. For me, the rain today is like God crying with me, letting me know that he is not far off from my pain.
Sadness and pain is just a part of life sometimes. Like the rain, sadness is often a kink in our plans, or a path we can't see yet. I have shed many tears this year wondering why life has to be so hard and complicated. I long for the healing that only Jesus can bring to a hurting world.
I know he takes care of me and works all things for the good. Why is faith such an elusive thing? I have seen the proof of his power and perfect plans many times. My head knows his plans are miraculous and perfect, yet in my heart I am Peter, sinking into the lake.
Why is it so hard to reach my hand to God and trust that his plan is the best. Why do I have to try to control what he is unfathomably more capable to handle. Why does the blessing of rain make me sad today when I know there is a promise of a rainbow after the gray, and even new life.
5 comments:
Such profound thoughts, Amy! You are a wonderful servent. I appreciate your faith and devotion even when times are tough.
Man, those questions fill many thoughts throughout my days. I think our "wrestling" with God through those questions is what builds are faith! You are such a witness for Jesus. Love you and praying for you, A.C....
LOVE the rain, sad you are struggling, praying for you...
I have loved this weekend because of this rain!! I'll put you in my prayers during the tough time (I just went through one, too, and they only make us stronger).
Oh Amy,
I am praying for you as you go through this. I am specifically praying for your emotional strength, especially tomorrow. God will reveal His plan in time.
Post a Comment