Saturday, January 20, 2007

Under the Sea!

My friend Beth inspired me to get to work on my children's bathroom, and my friend Crystal made the mistake of calling me the morning I started. She was a big help. The bathroom has been brown since we moved in. Nice color, just didn't go with our brightly colored children's accessories.

I finally choose a color and got to work painting. Blake had the idea for the octopus. I must say it is one of my favorite things. I am not quite finished but close enough to call it a very long day. The kids all love it. I must say, I find all kind of excuses to go in there too.

I love paint. I will have to do a video tour of my house someday. My bathroom is pink, my bedroom is green, my kitchen is red, dining dark teal, Blakes room light blue with a primary stripe around the room in several colors and Bailey's room is lime green, lavender and red.

Sounds bad huh? Oh well. I think it is great. I wonder what Simon would say?!? Ha! When I finish painting some more fish, I will have to take more pictures. Later!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Margaret K said...

Cute! I love the octopus. Great idea!

Beth said...

I am glad I could be an inspiration to you... you are always such and inspiration to me, I am glad return the favor. I think that it looks great! I really didn't know that you had that kind of talent. I am impressed! So.... did you like what you saw this morning???

tamandscott said...

That looks awesome. I love doing that kind of stuff on a whim. I re-did our boy's bathroom in ducks while I was seven months pregnant!

Jenna said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! It looks great so far.

Phillips Family said...

I love it! did you draw it freehand? Very impressive!

Pearson Family said...

Look at your creativity! SO CUTE AMY!

Amy C said...

I did do it freehand. Blake wanted the octopus. The kids came in and thought it so unfair that they have never been allowed to write on the walls.

I still need to do some bubbles on the wall, in the blue Bailey wanted to paint the room :), and a purple pufferfish.

jenny biz said...

Very impressive, Coop!! You are such a talented lady:)

1literatimommy said...

that looks super cool. i love the octopus, too