Monday, June 12, 2006

Beans, Beans, Beans!

For those of you who are wondering about the "hilarious" bean story that my family told Kim Q recently, here it goes.

Back in the day, before kids wasted their days, as pictured below, playing frivilous games, apparently there were projects that kids did for this thing called school. My sister's Science Fair project required that she collect beans.

Seems harmless until you take into account that the most delicious looking bean on the poster board was covered in bright pink mercury. Mercury just happens to be poisionous. Don't ask me why the bean was covered in Poison, that was never really part of the story. Anyhow.

As any proud student of science. My sister, 5 years older than myself, stowed her prize winning project under her bed. I, too young to care for myself, probably bare foot and dying of starvation, hardly clothed and in need of any form of sustinance, was obviously searching high and low for anything I could put my hands on that would maintain life.

Here comes the funny part. I ate the Mercury beans. I was too young to remember, but every time they tell the story, for the 100th time, they say, "do you remember when. . ." The rest I have blocked out.

There are many more stories where this came from, some even more interesting, if you don't believe me, just have dinner with my parents. You won't be bored. Third child. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Did you have to have your stomach pumped? Did you get sick? Did your sister fail her science project?

Unknown said...

Everything about you has become clear to me now. :) Just kidding. Who am I to talk anyway, I used to eat cubes of butter.

jenny biz said...

You crack me up!!!!

Joel said...

Look on the bright side...your kids, while wasting their days due to inherited mercury poison, at least have shoes.

Kim Q. said...

OH MY GOODNESSSSS, I laughed even harder after reading your blog! I wanted to comment last night but was having technical difficulties with trying to post my blog for Thursday Thirteen. I will NEVER forget this blog! Joel and I agreed you are nutty nuts!(an endearing nutty nuts)I wonder if you actually wanted to be outside with your brother and sister playing in the snow? By the way your mom was laughing pretty hard when she was telling it! It all started when we were talking about elborate science fair projects. Your dad just REAL dryly said the only one I remember really..is the one Rhonda did, that made Amy go to the hospital to have her stomach pumped. The way he said it prompted your mom to laugh...and then tell! ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL!(now of course, not when it happened)

Anonymous said...

You are the funniest chick I have ever married. For some reason I can't send email from here so my personal love thoughts are here for all the world to see. You are the shizzle in my nizzle and my frizzo of all tizzo. Anywhoo, I love you and miss you more than prose can express.