Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas Vacation!

We had one last Christmas with the other C's. Blake is the spitting image of his Uncle Dee, especially personality. I think God played a joke on Kami and I with the girls. Hannah is just like me and Bailey is just like Kami. Aunt Kami gave the kids fun snow that expands when you add water to it. As you can see, it was a hit!

I must say I am glad the break is over. I spent about 8 days of the "break" with 5 kids and with Bryan stuck in Chicago 3 more days onto a 7 day trip. He finally took a local rental car and drove it one way home all night long, just in time to jump in the car with me and the kids noon before Christmas Eve.

Someone came to look at our house that day (the day before Christmas eve) and the day after Christmas. Keep in mind. We had Christmas Eve and Christmas day at my house with 8 people and all that involves and we showed the house twice. After having 5 kids most of the week.

We went through 4 rounds of antibiotics and all the Dr. visits associated with that and somehow managed to survive. Yesterday I finally made the post holiday trip to the grocery store and whipped my house back into shape. Today I got my bills and paperwork sorted and have yet to leave my pajamas.

I think by Monday, I will be OK! I am tired. I think next break, I will have to take one!

New subject.

Kindergarten-Bailey had terrible class/school, ended up homeschooling until we could get moved.
1st grade-teacher left first week for maternity leave, came back a couple of days after having substitute all year and quit.
2nd grade-added new teacher half way through year, Bailey had new teacher.
3rd grade- this year-teacher is taking new postition on Jan 22 of this year. New teacher going to be hired. UNBELIEVABLE! Bailey will have yet another teacher.
Please pray for my child. She was actually excited about going back to school. She loved her teacher! She is soooo sad!

Last subject.

My 10 Year Wedding Anniversary is February 1, I just found out I am going to get to spend the weekend at the Gaylord Texan. I am so excited and I don't even have to pack the kids. My MIL is keeping the kids at my house. Finally, rest. I am so excited I cannot even tell you!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Margaret K said...

Wow! Lots of information there. That is just too many kids. Poor Bailey with her teachers and sounds like fun for your anniversary.

Jenna said...

I was going to ask you what you thought about Bailey having a new teacher. I couldn't believe it when she told me that!! Is that Conner sitting next to Blake? That cannot be possible!! I feel the same way you do about the "break". I am truly exhausted and behind with everything. Gaylord Texan sounds like a great break to me!! I know you will have a great time.

I wonder how many times Michael has put the toothbrushes in the toilet? You may have brushed your teeth with toilet-dipped toothbrushes. Good thing you aren't a bit OCD or you might be grossed out;)

Amy C said...

That is Connor. Time flies! & It is official. Toilets can't flush filled with toothbrushes. Bryan is going to have to take up the toilet ;)

Amy C said...

Toilet is running again! Thank you Bryan!

jenny biz said...

Have fun on your get away!! Such a bummer for Bailey! Maybe this teacher will be even better than the last!

Pearson Family said...

Have fun at the Gaylord! SO fun!