The theme of the party was Samuel 16:7, "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward apprearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
We had a little book mark in each of the favors that reminded the girls of the Spa and Karaoke.
Proverbs 15:13, "A happy heart makes the face cheerful."
Psalm 141:3, "Set a guard, O Lord over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips."
Isaiah 55:12, "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hill will burst in to song before you and all the trees of the field will clap thier hands."
These little girls are growing up so fast! I just pray that they will remain pure and innocent and come to know the Lord! There is such a focus on breaking free from authority(sometimes Godly training on purity and innocence) and a shift to focus on what is on the outside. I hope that they can learn that there are far more important things to work on, on the inside!
We need to be constantly in prayer for the young people in this changing world. It is not like the world we grew up in. They are constantly bombarded with temptation in daily life! They need shelter, protection and cover that only the Lord can provide. It is up to us to teach them how and where to take safe refuge and how to avoid temptation!
I was reminded of this all the more as I sat between teenagers in church this morning listening to a sermon titled "Childlike." The gist of it was how we have lost the reckless abandon, courage and confidence to turn to and celebrate God and life like children. We chase after empty things of this word to fill the hole that only God can fill in us. (I can't do it justice. If you want to hear the lesson go to www.lakecitieschurchofchrist.com and there is a way to mp3 the sermon. It was touching!
It is heart breaking to see children growing up making mistakes and fearing that they will not cling to the Lord for comfort, confidence and refuge. I recommit daily to pray for ALL my children to remain faithful to God and follow him with all their hearts, and to someday find mates that have done the same!
It is so important that they know that they are not just their father's child, but that they are thier Father's child! (color coding thanks to Leslie M, LTC!) Please pray for me and for my children, as I pray for all the children I know to follow Jesus. They are going to need all the spiritual strenght that we can muster!
Ok, sorry about the soap box, but this birthday really got to me! My little girl is growing up! She is fast approaching the age when she will want to put away "childish things," 1 Corinthian 13:11, but must, in the process, learn to be a child of God! What a lofty responibility! Fortunatly reliance, prayer, obedience to the Lord is the biggest requirement! Whew! I feel better now.

3 comments:
Amen! We should be in constant prayer for all of the children of this world. I think God looks down on his earth and is very sad by what he sees.
What a fun party! It is very scary to think about what our children will see in their lives. Thank you for the reminders to pray! And how cool to have the scriptures for the goodie bags. You are so creative! ANd LOVE your rainbow pictures. The time out picture was SO FUNNY! I guess I was behind on your blog!
What an adorable birthday party idea! How neat to have scripture be a theme to the party and what girl doesn't enjoy being pampered! It is so scary to me to not know what our children will cling to. Thank you for reminding me to pray continuously for my precious one.
Post a Comment