Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend!

We had a great full family weekend.

Friday night, Bailey had a birthday party at a friends house, Saturday we spent the day celebrating Travis birthday, that is Bryan's nephew, and going to a neighborhood picnic where we collected 28 names for a Bunko group that we are starting for the neighborhood ladies.

Sunday we went with Kevan, Kristina, Amber and Michael as a family to the Main street days in Grapevine after church and then swimming at their house. The kids loved harassing Kristina, Amber, and Kevan in the pool.

Poor Michael might have had too much fun. He and I spend Sunday night in the Urgent Care. For some reason he had a 104.4 fever. He still doesn't feel well, but the tests ruled out all the usual suspects.

Today I have been holding the little guy all day. He has been really cute when the Tylenol or Motrin are in full effect. He has learned to bark like a dog. He thinks it is really funny if you do it back at him. He used to Meow, but Bryan told him boys are dogs and cats are girls.

When I was trying to get him to nap, he was not having it and was trying to sleep (at least pretend.) I heard a funny noise. He was pulling the large framed mirror on our floor next to his playpen to himself and smiling and giving himself a kiss. It was too cute. I had to laugh.

One more thing. If you have not tried Ritz Dinosaur crackers, "Do It!" They are delicious. Even better than the regular Ritz and about the size of gold fish. ("Do It" is another thing that Michael likes to bark at the kids when I am telling them to do something. It is so funny.)

One more one more thing. I can't believe all the things he is saying, he mimics everything. When the kids are playing and doing homework, he is right behind them saying the words that they say. He is delighted when they acknowledge that we know what he said. I love this age!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is a cute boy! I'm glad he has you guys in his life.

Phillips Family said...

What a lucky boy to have a family like yours around!

Isaac has the high fevers as well. The dr. said it was something going around. Hope Michael gets better soon.

I'll have to try the dino crackers--Tobe is a big dino fan and a cracker fanatic, so this is a good combination for him!

Jenna said...

I love that age! Sorry he was sick, is he better now?

Amy C said...

I think he is cutting teeth. Yikes. He already has a mouth full. He is grumpy.