Monday, July 17, 2006

Too Hot!

Apparently, it is too hot, even for bunnies to "kiss." Somehow, our female bunny has managed to escape her confinement three times now thanks to our children and the neighbor children. The proceeding times, the children have run in saying, mommy, the bunnies are snuggling, or the bunnies are kissing. This time, I discovered that the female was out, but apparently today it is too hot even for bunnies to kiss.

We have a large lazy male bunny who roams our back yard freely all the time, just in case you were wondering. He is kind of like a dog to us. We only keep the girl in the cage for practical reasons. When we purchased the girl, we were under the impression that the male would not live much longer, but have since found that his life expectancy is double of what we had anticipated. Maybe we should look into getting someone "fixed."

For those who have been praying about the lumps on my neck, the doctor opted for a sonogram today. He said that all of the lymph glands in my neck are swollen within an acceptable range with the exception of one, and he thinks that the source of the inflammation is allergy related and that as a result, I am getting frequent infections. He has suggested that I see a great allergist to find the source of the inflammation and keep an eye on the swelling in the mean time.

Based on that diagnosis, I can track the problem back several years when I started having problems with my throat. I am hopeful that an allergist might be able to get to the root of the problem. It is nice to have an explanation that makes sense. Thank you for your prayers, cards, emails and calls. I appreciate the meals and help with the kids. I appreciate all the kindness from my family and friends.

I am especially thankful for Bryan who for the last few months has done the laundry and dishes and put the children in bed almost nightly so I could get some extra rest, even though he works 60+ hours per week most weeks. I am also so thankful for my kids who are growing up so fast have been so patient with me when they couldn't go anywhere or have other kids over to play. They have been so good to help around the house and be good to sweet Michael this summer. They are quick to point out all the great things that I do for them if I am ever feeling like less of a mom. We have such a great family. I am so very blessed. God is so good to give us what we need. Please pray that my health will be fully restored so I can be the supermom that I used to be. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

Glad you got some encouraging news today! Enjoy your last few weeks of summer vacation with your kiddos:)

Anonymous said...

Amy-We all love you very much! Thank God for today's report. See you tomorrow.

Bryan

Kim Q. said...

Hip Hip Hooray for the possible cause of the swelling! Man! I hope they can get you in RIGHT AWAY to start your allergy testing! Hang in there sisters, we are praying for you. Love ya lady loo!

Hebrews 13:5
Phil.4:19
1Peter 5:7
Pro. 20:24
Rom.12:8

1literatimommy said...

Glad your news was good! any swollen lymph nodes are scary. I hope an allergist can help!
In the mean time, keep those bunnies cool!