We are getting ready for Kristina and Amber to spend a week with us while Kevan surfs in Costa Rica. It is a good thing I put away the winter clothes too. I found an entire bucket of Bailey's summer clothes in the garage that she really needed!

Last Thursday Kristina and Amber spent the night so that Kristina could keep the kids while Amber and I cleaned a home for a woman trying to flip a house from California.
Kristina had a rough day walking to the park to have a picnic with kids who couldn't give good directions and who were at odd as to which park to walk to. On the way home, she even got rained on.
To make matters worse, when she got home, our house was infested with ants. Not just hundreds, or thousands, hundreds of thousands. Rivers of ants! Bailey and Michael got bitten. Kristina called me for help. I was almost finished so I called Jenna our neighbor for permission to send them to her house. She graciously granted access.
Amber and I hurried to finish our job. We worked from 10-6pm to finish the home. Amber and I scrubbed our little hearts out and even had a few laughs. Believe it or not, it went really fast. I have never spent $18 on lunch for two at Sonic in my whole life. We ate like we hadn't had a meal in weeks. We called to let them know help was on the way. We would be home in 20 minutes.
Not a chance. All of the sudden, pushing 80mph on 820 E approaching 35, a sound much like a helicopter landing on the roof of our car began, followed by a billow of tarry smoke. I took my foot of the gas and quickly ended my phone call. We slowed to a crawl and then braked to the shoulder of the highway. We look at each other and I said, "I think we just had a blowout!?!" Amber said "Awesome, I have never been stranded on the side of the road. This is the greatest."
Soon after an off duty Fort Worth Fire Marshall graciously pulled behind me and heroicly changed my blown out tire. It looked like a pin wheel. It was amazing. It was now about 6:45. I thanked him over and over. He said, "no problem maam, you are just lucky I worked late today. I usually get off at 5:30." I am thinking that God was looking out for us! We finally pulled into Jenna's at about 7:00.
Her husband Mark was there. He is always teasing me about loving organic products. The minute I walked into the door he asked me if I would like him to spray my house. . . Let's just say, 30 minutes later he was still grinning from ear to ear while spraying flowing currents of ants. Thanks Mark! I cleaned my carpet the next day. (with organic cleaner) HA!
What a day. Poor teenagers. Wake them up early. Subject them to hard labor and acts of nature. I decided to prolong my agony and take them to see a teen flick, AT 10:10!!!!!! (Thanks to Bryan who kept the rugrats) We had a lot of fun, John Tucker Must Die was very cute and I managed to stay awake throughout. We even caught a latenight trivia show when we got home and made a very late morning trip to the IHOP before going to IKEA and picking up my world traveling parents the next day.
What a weekend. All that to explain why I cleaned out the winter clothes just before fall!
One more thing about the blowout. It was the right front tire. Bryan told me that if I had hit the brakes, I would have lost control and swerved into oncoming traffic as I was in the left lane. YIKES!
9 comments:
That is just the best day ever!!! Glad we could help. Mark is still deriving pleasure from the thought of the termination of the ants. He is also deriving pleasure from the fact that you allowed him to use chemicals in your house. You may never live that down! I guess it is worth it if it killed the ants.
Ick! When it rains, it pours...
Was is the Pop Culture World Series on VH1? I love to watch trivia based on US magazine. Anyway, WOW! Sounds like a crazy day- glad everyone survived
I think I need a nap after your post! What an exciting day!
I think it was the Pop Culture World Series. I think Bryan could have competed. I knew nothing.
WOW!! I hope you are having a relaxing day today! Get some R & R! :)
I have been trying to tell you for a year that that organic stuff is worthless... do you believe me now.?
Oh my goodness. Could you sqeeze anything else in your day! How are the ants?
DEAD!
Post a Comment