Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!

We had the best Christmas EVER! Christmas Eve, we spent with the Coopers, Tanners, and Burts, opening gifts from Nannie and Pappa, playing games, and eating taco soup, then, after leaving cookies for Santa and carrotts for his reindeer, all 5 kids went to bed, so Santa could finally come to town.

We were blessed to have 8 stockings hanging on our fireplace this year, for Bryan, Amy, Bailey, Blake, Kevan, Kristina, Amber and Michael. We all gathered in the living room at about 9:00 to find that Santa had left Bailey, Blake, Kristina, Amber, and Michael some presents, and every stocking filled with fun!

Santa had eaten all the cookies and left a bite out of just one. I guess he had to leave room for the next house. After opening all of our nice gifts we needed a snack. I made pancakes, and played with the Cappuchino machine that Santa brought me. We spent all day in our jammies playing games.

For lunch we had ham, sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes and green beans, and got a visit from the Cullums. Aunt Rhonda brought Michael a brand new "Cars" tricycle. He loved to ride it in the house! The dads enjoyed the Q 20 games that Santa left in their stocking.

It is hard to describe such a wonderful time. We had rest, and peace, and enjoyed the time we spent with one another. This year I had to buy 4 stocking hangers for the mantle and the ones I purchased just happened to say w-i-s-h. As I looked at the fireplace in the quite after Christmas, I realized that my Christmas wish had come true.

I am so thankful for my family, and my my "adopted family." This was the perfect Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

tamandscott said...

I am glad you had a great Christmas. I'm sure the kids enjoyed every minute of it!

jenny biz said...

What great memories and foundations you are giving to so many people! You are a blessing!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day. I'm so glad your wish for 5 kids came true. :)

Jenna said...

Glad you guys had a great Christmas! I can't wait to have a cup of cappucino!

Pearson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!!

Beth said...

Thank you for including us once again in your Christmas plans. Y'all have been our friends sent to us directly from the Lord!!!
Thanks also for sticking your neck out even though you are a germaphobic and you kept my well children while Mark and I were at home incoherant and dehydrated from the stomach virus. You are the best!

Bev Ross said...

I love and miss you, Amy Cooper!