Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Animal Kingdom!

I think Animal Kingdom won the prize for best show and most creative ride.

The new Finding Nemo show was amazing. It was puppet like kites puppeteered by people dressed up in colorful leotards to match the fish and blend in with the stage. It was a wonderful musical.

The Expedition Everest was a great ride with a Yeti half way through to rip the tracks out of the ride. It was a really fun rollercoaster.

While at Animal Kingdom, we also did the Tough to be a bug show, which Blake did not enjoy much, as at one point, one of the bugs actually poked him in the back while sitting in his chair and spit on him.

We also did the Kilimanjaro Safaris which take you in a truck through the "African Savannah" to view the animals close up, and the Pangani Forest Exploration trail where you walk to see even more exotic animals.

After lunch at Mc Donalds which the kids enjoyed (Bryan waited in line like 45 minutes), as we packed our lunches all the other days on our journey, we visited the Dino Land, where we all did the Primeval Whirl, and Tricera Top Spin.

PIN TRADING! If you go to Disney, you buy the cheapest Disney pins you can find, and the employees wear Lanyards like you will see on my kids in all their pictures. Any employee will trade their much cooler pins with your kids. So fun. Makes waiting in lines and walking long distances much more fun. Sometimes kids will even trade with each other and not many people do it so it is really fun. Michael traded one pin for three days.

Since Animal Kingdom closes early Amber and Kaylee took the kids swimming so I could cook dinnner. (I cooked every night and we packed lunch every day but one) I went to the pool later. Bailey was so cute jumping through the fountains at the condo like a wild pony. It was like she was the only person in the place. I love how kids just know how to have fun!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pearson Family said...

THe bugs life show was so much fun! I love the poking! I kept my glasses and used them in my classroom for years! In fact, I still have them. I love reading your posts, it takes me back to go ol' 2000 when we were there on our honeymoon! Some of the rides you mentioned weren't there then, but I liked the Tiki room. I bought a Disney CD volume (I can't remember) so that Stacey could learn all the songs before the honeymoon. Tiki room was one of those songs he learned. What a guy would do when he is in love!