One of the really fun things we did back in April that I forgot to tell you about as a result of Bailey having a camera now is going to the Nature center in Arlington. We went on a hike and saw a Cardinal and a huge nesting Hawk of some kind and studied animal habitats. One of the animals the kids got to study was a huge snail. They really enjoyed looking at it with the magnifying glass. The older kids drew one and identified all it's parts on paper. They all got to see how when you get to close it's eyes which look like antennae go back into it's head. They were really cool.
We also got to see an opossum and a snake that day. It was very fun!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Blake! What a great party.
That bone is very unusual. I will be interested to know what you find out.
I love reading about your adventures.
Hi...just blog hopped over from Margaret's blog. The bone looks like something from maybe a spine. I'm not sure what though, but how interesting.
My husband, when he was a child, found a piece of meteor out in the field - we have it on our mantle along with some other interesting finds. Let me know what you find out.
-Talese
The musuem curator at Fort Worth Museum Of Science and History said it was an astraglus bone, which is an animal like a camel, cow, deer, ect that eats grass if I heard him correctly. It is a tarsal bone which is in the foot.
Very cool - thanks for updating us on it. A very cool find for your child to find that and be able to take it to the museum and find out what it was. :)
Hey friend... we are safe and thinking of you.. love you!
Post a Comment