Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Break.

I haven't taken pictures in a few days, but just in case you checked in, I didn't want for you to have to feel bad about sick Michael any more. He is much better. He is visiting his mommy with his sisters for the week.

We are spring breaking. We jump started it with some messy garage sale fun at a friends home. They raised $4,000 for a family adopting a baby boy from China with a cleft palate. They are going to have another sale next Friday to wrap things up. Pray they will do well then too!

The children are enjoying their rest from the business of school. We are planning on going to the zoo and the arboretum. They are supposed to have some groovy 1960's flower displays this year.

Bailey and Blake began homeschooling this weekend to kick off spring break. I made a deal with them. If they completed a program we were working on back in summer, I would get Six Flags season passes. They did 36 pages of work.

We are going to do some work this summer just to get into the habit and brush up on reading, spelling, math, and penmanship. I think I am going to use a computer program by Alpha Omega for our curriculum when Fall arrives.

We met many nice families this weekend that go to the homeschool coop. we plan to attend. We are all getting excited about the opportunities available and are feel confirmation that we are doing what is best for our family.

Hopefully I will have some "Spring Break" fun pictures soon! Have a great week. Amy

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When do you start homeschooling? I have some websites to send you to help with it. Our Spring Break outdoor plans are shot with the rain that's expected... maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds.

Amy C said...

We are going to start in the summer to make sure what I am doing is working for Blake too. I am going to try to do them on the same level and see how that works. I would love to have those websites!

jenny biz said...

I LOVE the arboretum!! It is so beautiful this time of year!! Have a fun week!