Blessed be your name, In the land that is plentiful, Where the streams of abundance flow, Blessed be your name Blessed be your name, when I'm found in the desert place, Though I walk through the wilderness, Blessed be your name Every blessing you pour out, I turn back to praise, When the darkness closes in, Lord, Still I will say...Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your name, Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name Blessed be your name, on the road marked with suffering, Though there's pain in the offering, Blessed be your name
I am so blessed to be surrounded by a Christian family who is such a Godly example of living faith. Uncle Don is one of the most beautiful examples of love and devotion I have ever met. He is lovingly caring for his wife Linda who is and has been suffering with Alzheimer's disease for many years.
As the family told what they were Thankful for, his daughter Tracie expressed her gratitude that her sweet, loving, kind spirited mother had told her she loved her the night before. Most of the room was choking back tears, especially Uncle Don. He then proceeded to bless the food and thank God for the many blessing we all have in our lives.
You give and take away, you give and take away, My heart will choose to say, Lord, Blessed be your name!
God is so good to give us everything we need to endure and enjoy life even amongst great suffering. I am constantly reminded of this when I am surrounded by the sweet children that God sends into my life. That is why I love this picture of Uncle Don so much. What great blessing in little packages and they truly renew our spirits! We are so blessed when we open up our lives to the people around us and I am so thankful for everything God sends my way even when their is pain, he is there and taking care of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment