Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Guided Tour at Fossil Rim Wildlife Park!

The guided tour at the wildlife park was awesome. I have always been the driver. This time I was able to hold Anna Grace, who would have screamed in the car seat and take tons of pictures of the kids while the tour guide talked about and pointed out all the attractions. It was so relaxing. Anna Grace even grabbed a nap after a bottle. It worked out perfectly.

Michael decided that he would like my lap at one point and I thought they were both going to fall asleep on me. It was very sweet. I just put Anna Grace in Michael's lap as if he were holding her and I him. He really loved it. At one point, the bus drived looked back to see me taking pictures while holding Anna Grace and said, "talk about mutitasking, I have never seen anything like this." I guess it is just what ever you are used to.

Bailey and Micheal fed the giraffes. They put their heads right up to the windows and didn't leave until the driver moved the bus. Ethan and Blake were not having anything to do with it. Blake even crouched in the floor until we moved on. The kids all enjoyed seeing the animals up close though. We were so high up off the ground that they never were that close, but you could see them all great.

I had to pack for the day like I was going away for the week. You should have seen us loaded down carrying our picnic lunch and all the gear at lunch time. It was a chore, but all and all, it worked out great. Beth called when we were on the way home and I was teaching Blake how to pump gas while I changed a dirty diaper. No time wasted. Ha! We had a great time and even made great time coming home.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jenny biz said...

I LOVE Fossil Rim! It was so beautiful there. A little taste of heaven! You guys are having some GREAT times! And I too am so impressed with your multitasking!

tamandscott said...

How in the WORLD did you do all of that on your own???? You are super woman!

Margaret K said...

Can you home school me, too? It looks like ya'll are having a really fun time.

Beth said...

Wow! you amaze me everyday! It's a good thing you are so easy going. Thanks for all that you do!

Jenna said...

That looks like it was a blast. I love the mental image of Blake hiding from the giraffes! He cracks me up! Glad you guys had fun. Can't wait to see the Houston pics.