Here is a typical weekday with some flexible items in italics. . .Bottle, diaper for Michael at 6:00am. Wake Bailey and Blake @ 7:15, and get myself dressed enough to answer my door and get in my car. Let in neighbor girls at 7:30, feed kids breakfast, get kids dressed, get bags and 5 kids in car, and out the door by 8:05, for school @ 8:30. Come home, feed baby Michael, get him dressed for the day, change a poopie diaper, get myself dressed for the day, empty dishwasher, fold laundry, pick up breakfast mess, (grocery shop, vacuum, pay bills, go to the drug store, wash my hair, clean bathrooms, wash sheets, go to the bank, go to the post office.) Pick up Blake and neighbor girl from Kindergarten at 11:30 from school. Feed Michael, Blake and neighbor lunch, entertain until 3:30. Pick up Bailey and other neighbor girl from school. Start homework with all 4 school age children. Wade through piles of School Spam, and do my hour of parent homework. Start dinner at 5, bed time at 8, start getting ready to do it all again, my bed time 10, passed out by 10:05!
I bored of going on and on, but you get the point, I have a lot on my mind. I am loosing it most of the time. That is why I decided to blog. I used to be able to write a complete sentence with little effort, now it is a lot of work.
I guess I said all that to say, that the Lord is faithful to prepare us for battle, even when we don't know it is coming. Today, it was a little icy and I was alone with two kids, Bryan was out of town, I guess I had a pretty good excuse not to go to church, but the Lord was faithful, he woke me up right on time, and we all piled in bed and watched Joel Osteen. We love to wake up to him on Channel 4 on Sunday mornings at 7:30. When the show is over, we are all wide awake, and it is time to hustle and get ready to go to church.
The service was great. There was no place I would have rather been on a cold rainy morning than worshipping with my church family. I was warm inside and out and it could have kept going for hours longer if I'd had my ruthers. I even got a free lunch at Vinnys with the Black's and Kelly, a new member and my family. After that I had a long nap and decided to get up and clean. It was a perfect weekend. Then came news that really wrecked my buzz. No, I can't tell you what it is, but I am still not happy about it, but in doing my blog, I was searching for a constructive answer to my own unsettling irritation and I came across this verse.
2 Cor 10:3-5 Indeed, we live as human beings, but we do not wage war according to human standards; for the weapons of our warfare are not merley human, but they have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ.
I spend so much time waging war on my own mental steam, which is useless and exhausting! Tonight I only wasted about an hour like that, sometimes it is days or weeks. Why do we do that. It is such a struggle for me to just turn it over to the Lord. Please pray for me that I will have the strength (humility really) to turn it over to the Lord and have the faith that he has the divine power to destroy the strongholds. Lord, please take my every thought captive. Help me to have the faith to know you have the power to destroy strongholds. . .even the ones I care about.
2 comments:
I LOVE your warrior spirit!! It is a daily war. I am so glad that it is not left up to us to win b/c we would lose everytime:)Keep up the fight!! You are amazing!!
What a busy day! I am impressed you had time to type this entry. Keep fighting!
Post a Comment