Hey, What do you know, I am blogging again. Turns out, I logged on years ago, just so I could write someone a response on their blog. This time when I went on to post on my own blog for the second time it confused me as to password and sign on. I could not post on my own blog page. I was signed on as my old identity. Are you confused. I was too.
Anyway.
Thanks for many encouraging words and prayers.
As we struggle to raise our families and do what we can to give of ourselves to others, we often find ourselves sacrificing more than we feel comfortable with. Should I give my money to the point of poverty, my time to the point of not having enough? My love at the risk of getting hurt? Christ did, even to the point of having his love returned as hatred and scorn. I am faced with giving my love to a little child I may have to give up after only a little while. People say, "You are getting too attached." "One day you will have to give him back."
"I see that he is a fine child, If I can only hide him with me for three months, then three months it will be. Otherwise, when I can no longer hide the child, I will lovingly place him in the care of the Lord, and set him adrift among the reeds, not naively thinking that in life there are no angry predetors awaiting him downriver, but with faith, that the Lord has a plan greater than my own, and that I have done my very best to nurse the child as long as I can, in the loving care of my own family." (loose paraphrase Exodus2:1-3)
I am as Miriam watching from afar, praying for Michael and having faith in God's plan for him.
Please continue to pray faithfully for us all during the spiritual battle that wages over Michael's family and our own family for the stress that comes with trying to battle through the tall reeds alongside the raging river. A
1 comment:
Amy, You are doing one of the most ultimate selfless acts a person can do. I love your passion and your heart to be more like Jesus. You are such an example to me and many others.
Post a Comment