Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Full Armor of God

Today I Googled the Full Armor of God and got some excellent verses on Armor. I am so inspired by what I found. The thing that struck me most however was the principle of the sword of the Spirit. I guess it is because I always have the desire for my words to be words that are Godly and useful for bringing about positive change.

The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God.

Isa 49:2 He has made My mouth like a sharp sword, In the shadow of His hand He has concealed Me; And He has also made Me a select arrow, he has hidden Me in His quiver.

I desire my mouth to be a sharp sword. Every word to have purpose and to do exactly as God intends it, just like a perfectly drawn arrow. No wind, or rain to interfere, no equiptment failure, no lack of skill. . .Bulls-eye! What a blessing to speak with the Lord's power, blessing, and authority.

I want to put on the full armor of the Lord to take my stand against the devil's schemes in my life and in the lives of my family and friends! Why should I lay down and take whatever he throws at us. I would not do that in my physical life, so why in my spiritual life do I slip back into taking it? Why do I refuse to believe when the evidence of Satan's schemes are so clear?

Here is the Full Armor of God:

Eph 6:10-17...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand againt the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against, the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. There fore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fittled with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helment of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Jer 46:3-4 "Prepare your shields (faith), both large and small, and march out for battle! Harness the horses, mount the steeds! Take your postitions with helments (salvation) on! Polish your spears, put on your armour?"

1 comment:

jenny biz said...

Amy, I needed that reminder today!! I love reading your blog:) God's armor is the only thing we have to fight this spiritual war. Thanks for your study!